Instances Of "9"Abound
Here is a partial list of the instances of the number "9"
as it interrelates with the Human experience. As lengthy as this list is,
it is, nevertheless, only a partial list. The reader is encouraged to seek
out more if so desired. Notice
all multi-digit numbers mentioned in this
list reduce to the single digit value of 9.
1. Nine (known or observed) planets in our solar system.
2. Nine month gestation period in human birth process
(from Linda Goodman's Starsigns, 1987). Note: might this be the process
during which the human consciousness becomes fused with, or attuned to,
the resonant frequency of "9"?
3. Human mean normal respiration rate is 18 times per minute (ibid.)
4. Human mean normal heartbeat is 72 times a minute (ibid.)
5. Average number of heartbeats per hour is 4,320 (ibid.)
6. Average number of respirations per hour is 1,080 (ibid.)
7. Average number of respirations per 24 hour period is 25,920 (ibid.)
8. 25,920 is also the length of
a sidereal year (ibid.)
9. There are 360
degrees in a circle (ibid.)
10. In the Catholic practice of Novenas, prayer services last 9 nights (ibid.)
11. Traditionally, the Romans were known to bury their dead on the 9th day of
the death (ibid.)
12. Some cultures measure time in terms of very long cycles. In the
Hindu tradition the present cycle of time consists of 432,000 years. This is called the "Kali Yuga".
The great cycle in which the Kali Yuga falls consists of 4,320,000 years (Campbell, The Inner Reaches Of Outer Space,
13. The Icelandic tradition tells of the great warrior hall in which
there were 540 doors. Through each door there would come 800
divine warriors (ibid.). Okay, so 800 doesn't reduce to 9. But check it
out: 800 warriors are coming through each of 540 doors. 800 x 540 = 432,000 warriors!
14. A Greek version of the history of Babalonia says that between the
time of the building of the first city, Kish, and the time of the Great
Flood (as recounted in the Bible) there elapsed a total of 432,000 years (ibid.)
15. By totaling the life spans of the ten patriarchs from Adam to Noah
(which marks the time of the Great Flood), the length of time equals 1,656 years (ibid.)
16. According to the research of Joseph Campbell, the number 9 is traditionally
associated with the Goddess Mother Of The World. In India there are a total
of 108 names
associated with this Goddess (ibid.)
17. In Roman Catholic Europe, the cathedral bells ring 3 + 3 + 3 (morning,
noon, evening) and then it rings 9 times to celebrate the virgin birth of the Savior
18. The Catholic rosary consists of beads strung in a pattern of 5 groups
of 10 beads, with a single bead in the space between the five groups, for
a total of 54
19. The pyramid on the back of the U.S. one-dollar bill is an old Masonic
symbol and is made up of 72
stones, representing the tetragrammaton, the Hebrew 4-letter name
for God: YHVH
20. The numerological value of YHVH is 63.
21. The numerological value of the word LOVE is 54.
One of the words from the Grek-5 list was God-9, making the word-phrase
"God-9" reminiscent of the old axiom, "God is Love".
22. The ancient unit of measure known as the cubit is generally considered
to be about equal to 18
inches. According to the Bible, the cubit dimensions of Noah's Ark,
when converted to inches would be 5,400 in. x 900 in. x 540 in., all multiples of 9.
23. When the cubit dimensions of the Ark Of The Covenant (Exodus 25:10)
are converted to inches the measurements are 45
in. x 27
in. x 27 in., all multiples of 9.
24. The biblical book of Revelations (chapt. 21) speaks of a great "city"
to come to earth from out of the sky. It is called the New Jerusalem. The
city is described as a cube, exactly 12,000 furlongs in all directions.
No, 12,000 doesn't reduce to 9. However, converted to the english foot,
this equals 7,920,000
feet, which does reduce to 9.
25. The word ENLIGHTENMENT is the only word in the English language
in which the letters E-I-G-H-T-E-E-N appear in that order (Lyons, The Language
26. It has often been said the game of baseball is a metaphor for life.
The game does have several connections to the number 9. There are 9
players on a team. The bases are 90 feet apart.
There are 9 innings
to a regular game. There are probably more, but I kind of like this rather
obscure one: The Knickerbocker Baseball Club drafted the rules extablishing
the 9-player team in 1845. 1+8+4+5=18 (1+8=9 )!
27. A man named Carl Munck has developed a geomathematical grid (latitude
and longitude) system where the prime meridian runs through the center
of the Great Pyramid at Giza. This grid system links all of the known ancient
stone monuments on earth with the anomalous, possibly artificial structures
in the cydonia region of Mars. Munck's formula identifies the "grid
point value" for the Great Sphinx as 5400.
(Information regarding Carl Munck's geo-mathematical grid formula can be
accessed on the internet at http://www.greatdreams.com/gem1.htm.
28. According to Michael Lawrence Morton (archaeo-cryptographer) the
known arc distance on Earth from Pole to equator is exactly 5400 nautical miles.
29. Also from M. L. Morton, the polar circumference of Earth is 21,600 nautical
miles. He notes also that according to Munck's earth grid formula, 21,600 is the
precise Grid Latitude of Stonehenge.
30. And again from M.L.M., 7920 is the number of statute miles of the mean diameter
31. The number 144 is a gematrian
number often thought to be connected to the concept of "light".
32. Revelation 13:18, "Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding
count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and the number
is Six hundred threescore and six (666)".
However, according to Lawrence William Lyons (The Language Crystal), the
word for "a man" in the original Greek is anthropos, also meaning
"mankind". And no article "a" appears in the Greek
text. Further, the word for "his" in "his number
is" can be read as "its" implying no gender. So the
Bible may say that 666 is the number of "humanity" or "mankind"
(Lyons, The Language Crystal).
33. In order to become a Zen Master, one must solve 54 koans, or puzzles which require deep insight and
34. Many Buddhists and Hindus wear sets of 108 beads (Ibid.).
35. The mystic American Indian, Black Elk, in Black Elk Speaks, said
he had "The Great Vision" at 9 and "was no good for anything till 18" (Ibid.).
36. Lyons also reports that, according to the World Book Encyclopedia,
the average speed of the Earth in its orbit around the sun is 666 miles per
37. In Einstein's formula we see E=M(C^2). That's Mass (M) multiplied
by the Speed Of Light squared (C^2). Is it just coincidence that if we
replace the M and C with their reduced numerological equivalents, respectively
4 (M) and 3 (C), and perform the mathematical function we get 36, which also reduces to
9? Or, here's something interesting:
If we alter that equation to read E=(MC)^, we get E=144,
which reduces to 9 and is the
traditional Gematrian equivalent for "light". Synchronistically,
the english alphanumerological value of the phrase SPEED OF LIGHT is 126
which also reduces to 9. And, further,
the alphanumeric value of ONE TWO SIX = 144!